Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tapering, Carb Depletion and Supplies

So I'm now into my final taper period, so I headed out for a short 5km this morning in the drizzle along the Kennet canal. I'm also meant to do carb depletion today, so no carbs, the idea being that this boosts my carb loading over the next few days. Breakfast after the run was a cold piece of chicken left over from last night. By mid morning I was feeling the effects! Low energy. I was already emailing my trainer Mad Dog Mike ( http://www.training2run.com/ ) before lunch to complain about this being tougher than training! Lunch was Tuna steak with some rocket and cheese salad. This evening I had super exciting peppered mackerel and lettuce. As I usually just eat what I want this has been hellish.


I went to top up for supplies for the trip on the way back from work, a bit of a mistake whilst starving. everything from popcorn to peanuts, cashew nuts, chocolate, mars bars, pot noodles, porridge and all srts of other things that caught my eye.



I managed to speak to both Daves today, Dave 1 is cycling to the start, joining me for the cycle, then cycling all the way back to the start, doing his own cycling c2c2c2 in effect. Dave 2 is joining for day 2, the challenging pass day with Wrynose and Hard Knott passes.

On the accomodation front our camper has been changed to a bigger beast due to other issues, it should have plenty of room:


Dad will be trying to drive this round the hills!

The rest of the evening has been spent trying to get all my kit together, I'm almost there, just got to wait out until tomorrow morning now, I'm allowed carbs again after another short 6am 5km, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment